Test d’Evaluation de Français pour le Canada
To download the registration form, click below.Download form
What is the Test d’Evaluation de Français pour le Canada ?
It is a standardized and graded French language test. All candidates receive a certificate of their level (from A1 to C2). For more information, please consult the “guide du candidat”. Please note that the Alliance Française de Chicago proposes the TEF on paper only.
- The TEF Canada is a mandatory test in the context of economic immigration programs that require proof of language skills, at the request of Canadian Citizenship and Immigration to Canada.
- The TEF Canada is also an essential proof of French language proficiency level to obtain Canadian Citizenship.
When do I get the results?
Each candidate is provided with a certificate stating their test results within one month of the test date. You will be able to either pick it up at Alliance Française de Chicago or to receive it by mail if you give us a stamped envelope with your address the day of your exam. The candidates can choose the carrier of their choice. The Alliance Française de Chicago is not reponsible if the certificate gets lost in the mail.
How can I register?
For emigration purposes, you must submit the following either in person or via email:
- A signed registration form
- A copy of your passport in color
Any incomplete applications will be rejected.
For immigration to Canada
A candidate must take all of the below sections:
- 9:30 a.m. – 10:10 a.m.: Listening Comprehension (40 minutes) - 60 questions – 360 points
- 10:20 a.m. – 11:20 a.m.: Reading Comprehension (60 minutes) - 50 questions – 300 points
- 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.: Written Expression (60 minutes) - 2 topics – 450 points
- Starting at 1:30 p.m. and scheduled on a first come first served basis: Oral Expression (15 minutes per candidate) – 2 topics – 450 points
Hence results for the 4 skills listed above are expected by the Immigration Canada (CIC- Canadian Federal Government). The minimum level required is level 7, level B2 of the Common European Framework for Languages.
For Canadian citizenship
A candidate must take the below sections only:
- 9:30 a.m. – 10:10 p.m.: Listening Comprehension (40 minutes) - 60 questions – 360 points
- Starting at 1:30 p.m. and scheduled on a first come first served basis : Oral Expression (15 minutes per candidate) – 2 topics – 450 points
|Next Sessions||Registration Deadline|
|October 26, 2018||September 21, 2018|
|June 28, 2019||May 24, 2019|
|Full test with all 4 sections||$280||$330|
|Test with 2 sections (for citizenship)||$180||$210|
|Exam fee is not refundable once registered|
How is the TEF Canada Graded?
|Correspondance niveaux TEF/CECR/NCLC|
*CECR (Common European Framework for Languages) / *NCLC (Niveaux de Compétence Linguistique Canadiens)
More info: www.centredelanguefrancaise.paris.