Virtual Immersion Day
September 12 2020, from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
With three brand new workshops, a virtual cocktail demo with Grey Goose, and a curated playlist, this year’s Immersion Day is sure to fill your home with French language and culture! Enjoy exciting events, from the comfort of your own home. Thanks to Grey Goose, the first registrants can get a special cocktail glass and drink stirrer available for pick up at AF the day before the event!
Spend your afternoon the French way and join us on Saturday September 12th for our 2020 Immersion Day!
- Conversation in class:
- Use your French to comment and understand historical or societal events.
- Emotions & Expressions:
- See how the French use idioms and phrases to convey their passion for life and language.
- La poesie pratique de Georges Perec:
- Profound yet incredibly fun, simple yet deliciously complex author Georges Perec can create poetry out of anything including a grocery list...yes, a grocery list or any list really! Come find out for yourself.
- Practice makes perfect! Work on your pronunciation and learn how to sound cool and more natural.
- The Magic of “faire”:
- Very few words, if any, come close to be as multi-faceted as the verb “faire”. Let us look at some of the meanings of this magical word we can use in so many ways.
- Musique - La Chanson Française:
- France has always had a rich tradition of singer-songwriters. Listen to extracts and look at their lyrics to re-discover French artists like the incomparable Serge Gainsbourg. .
- Les Gros Mots:
- Just for today, cursing, slang and "verlan" are allowed in the classroom… in fact they are recommended!
- Cocktails à la française:
- shake shake shake... en français with an expert bartender from French brand Grey Goose vodka!