Wednesday, December 16 at 6:00 p.m.
Free for members • $10 non-members
Online via Zoom • in English
As you prepare for the holiday season, join our sommelière, Alicia Barrett, and Binny’s resident cheese expert, Chris Spier, as they share their favorite French wines for the holidays and the most delectable French cheese pairings. You’ll receive a full list ahead of the event so you can shop in advance for les vins and les fromages.
Alicia and Chris will share food and wine pairing principles and answer all of your questions! Join us for what is sure to be a very merry holiday party full of great wine, cheese and laughter!
Here are the pairing recommendations from Alicia and Chris:
Champagne and triple-crème (cow)
• Baron Fuente Grande Reserve Brut (77526) 24.99
• Top cheese choices: Brillat-Savarin, Pierre Robert, Explorateur or Saint Andre
Sancerre and goat cheese
• Domaine Bernard Fleuriet Sancerre 2018 (979331) 24.99
• Top cheese choices: Crottin de Chavignol, Valencay, Selles-sur-Cher, Sainte-Maure de Touraine
Bordeaux and sheep milk
• Blason d'Issan Margaux 2016 (954571) 39.99
• Top cheese choices - Ossua-Iraty, Brebis, Fleur de Maquis, P'tit Basque
Or... CDP and washed rind
• Domaine Pierre Usseglio & Fils Chateauneuf du Pape 2016 (972250) 39.99
• Top cheese choices- Epoisses de Bourgogne, Livarot, Munster-Gerome
Sauternes and blue
• La Chapelle de Lafaurie Peyraguey Sauternes 2014 Half Bottle (101345) 16.99
• Top cheese choices - Roquefort, Fourme d'Ambert, Bleu d'Auvergne
If your local store doesn't carry the exact cheese, just consult the cheesemonger for similar options. Style is most important!