The Alliance Française de Chicago is over 120 years old and is part of an international network of over 1,100 Alliances and affiliated cultural centers worldwide. It is the second oldest Alliance Française in the US and second largest after the Alliance Française in New York City.
- There are 111 Alliances in the US alone.
- Our history includes a long list of prominent Chicagoans, dating from our founding in 1897, who serve on our Board of Directors and Woman’s Board.
- Our home is two renovated vintage buildings at Dearborn Street and Chicago Avenue, connected by a garden - and we are open to the public.
- We are an independently financed 501(c)(3) non-profit institution and are not a French government agency.
- As such, we must raise nearly half our operating budget from donations and fundraising activities.
Mon. – Thu. : 9:00 a.m - 9:55 p.m.
Fri.: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Sat.: 9:00 a.m. – 3:50 p.m.
810 North Dearborn Street
Chicago, IL 60610
54 West Chicago Avenue
fax(312) 337 3019
Conveniently located within one and four blocks from the Chicago red line and brown line stops, in the heart of Chicago's cultural district. CTA bus routes 22, 36 and 66 stops are all within one block.
The Alliance Française de Chicago has two parking locations for your convenience:
InterPark at 100 W Chestnut St (NW
corner of Clark and Chestnut):
$9.00, good for a 12-hour period (with validation at the Alliance Française's reception desk) · No overnight parking
LAZ Parking at 2 W Delaware (between Dearborn and State): $10 rate, enter between 2pm and exit before 7am (with validation at the Alliance Française's reception desk) · If anyone enters outside that time frame that person will be charged regular rates.